Thursday, January 23, 2014

Preparing for Antioch

The Children In Families Team

"and from there they sailed to Antioch, where they had been commended to the grace of God for the work that they had fulfilled. And when they arrived and gathered the church together, they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles." Acts 14:26-27

It's hard to believe that in less than 2 months I will be heading back to the U.S. for my first home assignment! Just like Paul wanted to share all that the Lord had done with the believers in Antioch who had sent him out for ministry, I am looking forward to having the opportunity to share with many of you how much the Lord has worked through your prayers and support here in Cambodia. I would like to meet up with as many of you as I can. If you have a small group that might be interested in hearing about my work with the ABLE program and the work of Children In Families in general, or if you think your church or Sunday School class would like to have me speak please let me know. I'd love to have the opportunity to share what God is doing here with as many people as I can.

 Here is a tentative schedule of where I'll be when:

March 8-16: California - Vacation time with my family including my brother's wedding!
March 17-April 26: Iowa/Minnesota/South Dakota
April 27-May 16: Texas (Dallas area)
May 17-June 15: Texas (New Braunfels/San Antonio area)
June 16-26: Colorado - Home Assignment debriefing at WorldVenture headquarters
June 17-July 5: Vacation time with friends & family
July 6-19: Iowa/Minnesota/South Dakota
July 20-Aug 16: Texas (New Braunfels/San Antonio area)
Aug 17-Sept 5: Iowa
Sept 6: Back to Cambodia!

I'll be trying to get in touch with many of you who are on my contact list, but feel free to let me know if you'd like to schedule a time to get together one-on-one (even just to grab a cup of coffee) or if you have a group who would be interested in getting an update on what Children In Families and the ABLE program are doing. If there is a particular event at which you would like to have me speak, please let me know. Even if the date doesn't match up with the tentative schedule, there's a  possibility I could flex to make it work. Just email me at lkyunker@gmail.com and I'll do my best to connect with you.
 

No comments: