Monday, February 28, 2011

See how easy that was?

Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

God's been dealing with me lately about my struggles with fear and anxiety. Today He did it in such a sweet way. For several days I've been trying to find the power cord for my netbook, the battery of which was completely dead. I was getting so frustrated with the time that I was wasting looking for it when I kept coming up empty. Today I just said, "Lord, I'm just going to stop looking for it. There are so many other things that I need to do. Please just show me where it is." Seriously, it could not have been more than an hour later that I just came across it in a place that I definitely did not expect it to be. I was grateful to God for His answer to prayer, but even more for His tender encouragement that followed. I laughed at His sense of humor immediately after I found it and then I felt as if He were saying to me, "See how easy that was for Me? Everything else that concerns you is just as easy for Me." Wow! Yes, I definitely need to hang onto that!!

4 comments:

Sindhu Jacob said...

What a great encouragement...I needed to be reminded. Thank you for sharing sweet friend !

Randy said...

You've heard it before: The Lord works in mysterious ways.
But then, through the prophet Isaiah, He told us not to try to hard to figure it out.
(Isaiah 55:8-9 -
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.")
So just trust in God's love for you!!! (which he has been showing through all the work you do!)

Unknown said...

Lisa, Your insight and faith always amaze me. I'm more likely to argue than listen. Your posting reminds me to Be Still and Know that He is GOD.

Take care my friend.

Kathleen said...

Lisa you are such an inspiration. Your posting reminds me that sometimes we just have to stop and "unwire" ourselves. Jesus said "Stop right where you are, look for the old godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls" Jeremiah 6:16.