Monday, June 8, 2009

Cambodia Update #3 - WE'RE HERE!

Hey Everyone!
We made it to Phnom Penh, Cambodia today after a 20-some hour flight (about 25 hrs including time waiting between flights). It's now Monday afternoon here - I think it's a 12-hour difference between here and Dallas I guess it's about 2 a.m. Monday there. The flight was uneventful (in a good way - no drama!) Got to sleep a little, now going to try to stay up the whole day so I can get on Cambodia time. We were picked up by our mentor, Lois, shown around our new dwelling, got to take a quick (and much needed) shower, and had a ride by Tuk Tuk to a near-by mall where we're now at a coffee shop with free wi-fi. I never have liked cold showers until today. It is pretty hot, but I'm grateful that the guest house where we're staying has a pretty nice breeze.

On our way to the guest house Lois was filling us in a little about the way life works in Cambodia. It's really hard to plan ahead because people here don't really like to plan ahead too much and the plans constantly change. The good thing about it is it sometimes gives more room for God to move. She said that a lot of things come out of seemingly "chance" encounters. I was excited to hear that just this morning she met a physical therapist at a medical clinic where some of the CrossWorld people have been helping and she mentioned that she had a pediatric PT (me) coming in today. The PT said, "Oh, Cambodia really needs pediatric PTs." So, we'll see where that goes, but I'm eager to see what the Lord is going to bring about.

Okay, I've got to wrap this up - we're going to pick up a few groceries. I'll keep you posted as things develop!

Grace & peace,
Lisa

No comments: